The Brisbane Institute
Future events from The Brisbane Institute include:
- 23.03.11* Packed Lunch Career Rockets: boosting skills, boosting reputation
- 05.04.11 In Conversation: Lord Mayor Campbell Newman
- 12.04.11* Brisbane Business Conversation #2: Smart, Connected City
- 19.04.11* Seriously, renewable: which energy options provide the best potential
- 04.05.11 Brisbane Business Conversation #3: Growing City
- 17.05.11* Is digital access the new class divide? In the 21st century, knowledge is still power
- 31.05.11* Saving energy: how we do for power what we did for water
- 15.06.11* Packed lunch: Leading, inspiring and engaging communities in change
Now that you have had a chance to settle in to your classes this year, perhaps you’re interested in some FREE Teacher PD this term?
A series of on-line presentations aimed at increasing your understanding of the Shale Oil industry and the role it will play in the future supply of energy in Australia. Industry experts in the areas of geology, engineering and processing will engage with teachers on-line.
All webinars will be one hour in duration and begin at 3:30pm. Participants may choose to register for individual webinars, or the entire series.
- February 8 – Australia’s Energy Security
- February 21 – Formation of Oil Shale
- March 9 – Processing Oil Shale and Making Fuels
- March 21 – Environmental Management
- April 5 – The QER Oil Shale Story
On-Line PD – Wet Rocks
A series of activities conducted over four weeks aimed at improving teachers understanding of Groundwater and water management. The workshop includes completion of hands on and on-line activities and engagement with industry experts from across the nation. Great teaching materials provided to all participants.
Begins February 28, 2011
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org